Potty training is not easy, so we rounded up some must try tips for you!
- Use a timer - Routine is key! A timer helps you remember to encourage potty time and your little one will start to associate the sound with the potty.
- Have fun! - Part of the beauty of childhood is that EVERYTHING can be fun. Bring creativity into the bathroom : sing a song, create a story make a game. Viewing it as something to look forward to will rub off on your mini.
- Plan early - Put the potty you plan to use in the bathroom early on. This way it's no surprise when you introduce it.
- Use the right size - Sitting on the big toilet can make little ones feel unsteady, do some research to find the right size potty so your little one feels relaxed.
- Potty at night - This one isn't easy but it pays off. Waking up to bring your child to the potty once in the middle of the night creates the good habits for your child and builds their awareness.
- Every child is different - Remember this when the frustration kicks in. No one thing works for all kids. There are no rock solid rules. Experiment, research & get creative!